Saturday, September 13, 2003

The Fiver

Well, I'm gonna try this Friday Five thing out.

1. Is the name you have now the same name that's on your birth certificate? If not, what's changed?
Yep, no names changes yet or planned.

2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be?
I don't think I'd want to. Though a better middle name than James might be nice. Maybe something more Irish to go with the rest of my name

3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?)
Back and forth negotiations between my parents. My younger brother got my mom's favorite name... which I guess means she lost out on my name.

4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why?
Hector seems mean. Forest, Madison, and all those other in names (see the most popular baby names for more examples) which, frankly are pretty androgynous.

5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com / triggur.org / astroexpert accurate? How or how isn't it?
Kabalarians: Calls me "practical, logical," with an "analytical approach to life and a great deal of patience." and that I "believe that what is worth doing is worth doing well." All true. But, it also says I "concentrate all your thoughts on it [projects] and do not appreciate being interrupted." Very wrong. Also off point in saying I have a "deliberate and methodical way of thinking and speaking; it takes you time to learn but, once you have mastered a subject, you do not forget it." The memory is exceptional, but the learning is quick and I'm certainly not methodical and there is no tendency for me to be "fussy" (my taking issue with the term fussy excepted). And finally, "There is a seriousness to your nature."
Though they really miffed on my health report... or at least I hope they did.

Triggur: Basically, nothing could peg me more accurately... particularly the crack about lawn furniture. :)

Astroexpert: I don't even understand the site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home